Friday, May 18, 2007

Strawberry Parties

Last night I dreamt that both Brooke and my sister Ashley were having strawberry parties (unbeknownst to one another) and I faced the awful dilemma of having to decide which one to go to. What is a strawberry party, you ask? I have no idea, but they both bought cool small jewelry boxes in the shape of strawberries. They were very ornate, some sparkley. One was larger and purple. I think mine was an actual strawberry that had hinges on it. Ashley gave it to me and I was touched she'd think to give me the weird one.


On an unrelated note: The shirt I'm wearing smells like an old lady. No offense to old ladies. I didn't say it was a good or bad smell, just an observation i have made.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Awesome--strawberry party! What a great idea! I think I really will throw one. But, Jen, you should come to mine. It's going to be way better than Ash's.

Ashley said...

Yeah right, Brooke! I apparently handed out REAL strawberries made into boxes. It was obvious that Jen came to my party, if she got the party favor. So there. :D

)en said...

I'm not sure what party I ended up going to, but I really did love my real strawberry jewelry box. strawberely box?

you totally should have a strawberry party! and make freezer jam! it sounds lame but who doesn't LOVE freezer jam and it's ridiculously easy.

thanks for commenting, guys!! you are true blue.

Brooke said...

Could you send me the recipe for freezer jam? I'd love to venture into that. Thanks. :)

)en said...

Go buy some pectin and it's inside the box on a long paper. It's just sugar, fruit, and pectin. Get the pink box of pectin.. Sure Jell?? i can't remember. Anyway, it's less sugar and WAY better. Talk to me if you want to know more. I think i'm going to make some jam too! Except maybe this time... peach and raspberry?? Mmm.

Brooke said...

Gracias.